No, because USPS does NOT provide such a service unlike UPS or FedEx. There really isn't a good resource at USPS to investigate lost items or get further details on the whereabouts of a package in transit. USPS is by far the least expensive freight carrier and majority of the times, packages make it to their intended destination. However, if an item is lost or damaged, there really isn't any recourse available.
Articles in this section
- Delayed / Lost / Damaged Shipment
- USPS Delayed Status Updates
- Will Acutrack resend the order if customer reports the CD or DVD is defective?
- International MDX - Why is FedEx shipping my package to Sweden?
- The shipment return reason is 'Other' for my order. Can I get an exact reason?
- Does Acutrack manage returns?
- Can Acutrack contact USPS to start investigation about my package?